Dear CCC families,
Every few months we like to remind our families how important safety is in our parking lot:
- Please DRIVE SLOWLY! Children are present and are difficult to see from the driver’s perspective. There are tight corners, and blind spots that make children vulnerable. Slowing down is one of the best preventive measures.
- Children should HOLD HANDS with an adult and AVOID RUNNING! Make sure that children are not leaving the front exit without a parent with them. Walk in designated, marked walkways or sidewalks when possible.
- As the lot is small and does not have the capacity to accommodate all of our families, please be considerate at drop off and pick up times and limit your parking time to 15 minutes. We love that our families are connected to each other, though conversations in person and on the phone should be reserved for the yard or playdates, not the parking lot while other parents wait to park. Remember, there is parking available in the lot adjacent to ours, and in the underground structure to the west. Families visiting during the day in off hours may extend this time as needed (such as family picnics, lunches, breastfeeding, etc.).
- Park in designated areas. Parking in fire lanes or areas that are not clearly marked for parking blocks drivers view and space for navigation.
- Don’t block the driveway. There are other cars coming in and out of the lot for other campus purposes. Please do not block their entry to either lot or structure.
These rules are set in place to ensure the safety of all of our children. Slow down, be considerate, and stay safe!
PS. Don’t forget to lock your car!
The CCC Staff