A special thanks to all the CCC members for your contributions to the 2014 Annual Matching Campaign! We actually exceeded our goal-what a huge success! The children and teachers are enjoying new materials we received from the Amazon Wish Lists. Your generous donations helped support the CCC’s enriching program for the children.
The CCC will be closed:
12/24/14 to 1/2/15 – Winter Break
1/19/15 – Martin Luther King Day
2/6/15 – Staff Development
2/16/15 – Presidents’ Day
Parking seems to have gone from bad to worse. Families have shared with me the following:
- Parking in handicapped zone
- Cars parked in undesignated spots such as behind the tree
- Parking in the fire lane
- Double parking
As a result it becomes impossible to exit the parking lot adding to the problem.
The lot next door and the underground parking lots have a lot of available parking. For those without a permit, these spaces are available without a penalty of ticket after 5:00PM. The best advice is to allow a few extra minutes at pick up time.
In addition to the congestion, there are safety concerns. Children have been seen dashing into the parking lot. Since the children are still at school, we will be talking to them about parking lot safety rules. Some recommendations:
Stay on the sidewalk or in the designated cross walks until you are in front of your car
Always hold hands and this includes older siblings
Look all around before stepping into the parking lot
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
After much discussion, the teachers and the administration have decided to move away from the newsletter and concentrate on delivering important information through the website. Our goal is to use the website more efficiently by instituting the following:
- We will begin to work with the web designer to increase the webpage speed
- Pictures will be selected for panels that will highlight elements of the curriculum, and the pictures will be updated every Monday
- The calendar will be updated regularly
- Articles of interest to parents will be posted
- Campus events that are geared toward families will be highlighted
- Staff reports on workshops and conferences will be posted
- A link to the Early Childhood Science Technology Engineering and Math (ECSTEM) Conference will be added
These are the first steps we will be implementing, so stay tuned for a more robust and informative web page.
– Susan Wood