Dear Parents and Staff:
We are pleased to announce that the CCC has a new Mission and set of Guiding Principles. With a near unanimous result, over 90% of our CCC community selected as our new mission:
To Nurture the natural curiosity of children as a foundation for life-long learning.
And, based on the input and voting from all of you, we have also selected five Guiding Principles to accompany the Mission:
- Encourage critical thinking by incorporating STEM into everyday play.
- Trust that children are active participants in the learning process.
- Respect and care for each other and our surroundings.
- Value diversity and inclusiveness.
- Establish a happy environment that fosters creativity.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees and the Mission Revision Project Committee, I would like to thank everyone who helped guide, and provided input to, this important project. The feedback we received from all the Parents and Staff was critical in understanding what is important to our community and therefore what our Mission should be.
The CCC Staff &
CCC Board of Trustees
Facilitator for the Mission Revision Project