Our lab construction is underway! Please take a look at some of the images of construction. Very exciting!
November 1st, 2016
Dear CCC Family and Friends,
We enjoyed seeing many of you at the annual pancake breakfast last Saturday. It was a great opportunity for children and parents to get to know each other, see old friends and celebrate the new school year together as a community!
As we diligently work to provide excellence in early childhood education, we are asking for your help to support our endeavors. While your children’s tuition covers the bulk of our operating costs, we also count on our families to help throughout the year both with participation hours and donations. In addition, this year we are fortunate to have an anonymous donor who will match all donations up to $5000 arriving before December 22nd, 2016. This doubles the power of your gift!
As always, we have several levels of support that you can offer:
- Donations of $35 or above qualify you for a CCC classroom-logo T-shirt (adult and youth sizes available);
- Donations of $75 or above qualify you for the shirt and an embroidered CCC Cap (adult and youth sizes available)
- Donations of $125 or above qualify you for a shirt and/or hat, plus an engraved Giving Tree Leaf, engraved with your name to hang on the tree in our outside corridor
- Donations of $175 or above qualify you for a shirt and/or hat, plus an engraved Child’s Endowed Chair for the classrooms
- Donations of $325 or above qualify you for a shirt and/or hat, plus an engraved Growing Stone that will join amongst the others along our walkway and around the beautiful oak tree in the parking lot.
- Additional shirts are $25. Additional or individual hats are $35. Pre-ordered shirts will be produced and delivered during the month of January.
Additionally, we are continuing our tradition of Amazon Wish List Donations. The staff have prepared wish lists on Amazon.com with items that families may purchase which will go directly into the classroom. Amazon donations will count as “cash” towards our matching goal and are a fun way to support our program and the unique curriculum we provide.
Instructions for shopping for CCC on Amazon.com
You can sign up for Amazon Smile which will apply a portion of purchases made towards the CCC:
- Go to amazon smile.com
- Type in “the children’s center at Caltech” as your organization search.
- Select “the children’s center at Caltech”
Then, search for the following Wish List links:
CCC Bunny Classrooms
CCC Dolphin Classrooms
CCC Penguin Classrooms
CCC Koala Classroom
CCC Raccoon Classroom
CCC Beaver Classroom
When purchasing a gift for the classroom from Amazon, please include a note with your name so we know who the gift is from (and so we may thank you!).
As always, any level of participation is welcomed and appreciated! Your generosity will ensure that your child, and children to come, continue to receive the high quality educational activities provided at the CCC.
Thank you in advance for supporting our wonderful program!
The CCC Fundraising Committee
We want to thank you for your current pledges and donations totaling over $4,488! We are halfway through the Matching Campaign and are very close to reaching our goal. There is still plenty of time to donate by purchasing a gift for your classroom through the Amazon wish lists or by cash or check. The children love receiving new books and materials to work with!
In a celebration of your dedication and support of our program, we would like to have a CCC Spirit Day next week. Please wear your CCC shirts, adults and children, next Thursday, December 17th to show your CCC pride!
This year the focus of our work is on the “T” in STEM: Technology.
Among the new materials brought in for the year are new microscopes! Their capabilities vary, from 3D technology to digital capabilities with viewing screens, making the images more accessible to the children and the added feature of taking a picture to capture their discoveries. We are very excited to try them out and share our discoveries with you!
Thank you for all your donations that make fantastic learning experiences possible!
The CCC Fundraising Committee and the CCC Admin Team.
Dear CCC Community,
We hope you are all enjoying the first official days of Summer! This message is long overdue-We want to thank you for attending the 13th annual CCC EUTS Fundraiser and Grand Opening! We welcomed back a few alumni families who were impressed and overjoyed to see the CCC at its new site. We had a fantastic evening shopping the silent and live auctions along with a delicious variety of appetizers, drinks and desserts. All to benefit the CCC!
Your generous contributions are a true testament to the solidarity of our community. Preliminary indicators are that we raised over $20,000 to directly support the CCC. Even at this early stage in tallying, this amount is $8,000 more than you provided last year. This year our fundraising efforts will go towards purchasing permanent shade structures for the yards.
The Fundraising Committee is very grateful for our countless volunteers, Room Parents, silent and live auction item donors and all of our guests at the event. In particular we’d like to recognize the following:
- The CCC Board of Trustees for all their support and wine cellar contributions
- Caterers and restaurants – Chefelles, 38 Degrees AleHouse, El Cholo, Green Street, Banu’s Grocery, Gus’s Bbq, and Ginger Corner Market.
- Arrowhead for water donation
- Ward Walkup for contributing two kinds of his homemade beer (it was the talk of the night!)
- Arcadia Party Rentals for seating and lighting
- The Bottle Shop’s wine selection and soft drinks
- Owen Wolf who brought down the house with his engaging auctioneering skills (he just may have a gig for life!)
- Funtastic Photo Booth for providing us a memento of the night
Thank you again for all of your substantial support,
CCC Fundraising Committee